Some Early Thoughts About the GF1 (compared to the E-P1)
Compared to the Olympus E-P1 Couple of quick observations:
- GF1 has a more functional read-out and interface, fewer stupid, laggy animations.
- GF1 is slightly faster in focusing.
- GF1 is noticeably lighter.
- GF1 LCD is very nice. Sharp!
- GF1 control wheel is a bit stiff, the upper control wheel on E-P1 is nicer. However, I am very against the lower control dial on the E-P1. It’s too easy to hit buttons on that thing accidentally.
- GF1 has a flash! Ok, it’s weak but the mechanism is very pretty and it’s a real boon for any night time snapshots.
- GF1 has no sensor stabilization. I miss that feature much more than I expected.
[all photos with Panasonic GF1 / 20mm f1.7]